Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. When was PNCCC established?
PNCCC was registered and established on 26 January 2004 as a non-profit organization under Ontario Corporations Act (R.S.O. 1990, CHAPTER C.38)
2. What is the main objective of this organization?
The main objective of PNCCC is to establish a temple of the Lord Pashupatinath in Scarborough, Ontario Canada.
3. How does PNCCC function as an organization?
A full-fledged (2021-2025) executive committee of the Board of Directors (BODs) of PNCCC has been elected and formed through its Annual General Meeting (AGM).
4. Are statues of the proposed Pashupatinath Temple brought from Nepal.?
Following items for the proposed Pashupatinath Temple have been bought from Nepal. Those items include:
- Shiva Linga – A symbol that represents Lord Shiva which is weighted approx. 8 quintals and 4 feet in height.
- The Statue of Lord Shakya Muni Buddha (Lord Buddha) – 3 feet in height.
- The artistic cooper-roof of the Pashupatinath Temple illustrates the traditional background of Hindu Mythology.
5. In what location of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) will the proposed Pashupatinath Temple be established?
Pashupatinath Temple shall be established in Scarborough, Ontario. The committee is consistently looking for required space/land. The committee is open to rent or buy a suitable space that fits the budget until it finds a suitable permanent space.
6. What are the provisions of membership and fees in PNCCC?
Membership fees are designed to raise required funds to construct the infrastructure of the proposed Pashupatinath temple. PNCCC will accept membership from interested individuals who are Hindus and Buddhists by faith. The membership is divided into two forms:
(a) Honorary members:
PNCCC has adopted a standard to elect honorary members to Executive Committee. This membership category is further divided into two sub-categories:
Special/Chief Patron: Fee: $15000
(For individuals who have contributed socially, culturally, and economically within the Nepali speaking community)
Patron: Fee: $5000
(Founding Members, BODs from former executives/ personnel and other established people in the Nepali speaking community)
(b) Active Membership:
The active members shall facilitate any individual to take part in PNCCC activities and encourage them to be part of various committees. This type of membership is divided into two sub-categories:
Life Membership: Fee: $1000
Onetime payment of $100 per year or $10 per month for 12 regular months.
7. In what way the honorary members are recognized at PNCCC?
Pictures/images of honorary members will be displayed in the territory of the temple and will be awarded TAMRAPATRA – a certificate of recognition that is typically scripted on the copper frame.
8. How do people donate or sponsor PNCCC?
PNCCC requests donations from local entrepreneurs, business people, and individuals. Donors can choose to donate or sponsor the following items in someone’s memory or in their free will:
- Ganesh Statue
- Durga Statue
- Saraswati Statue
- Standing Lamp (Panas) 2 pieces
- Shiva Linga and Basah (Carving completed)
- Statue of Shakya Muni Buddha (Carving completed)
- Furniture needed in the temple or anything needed in the temple
9. What is the provision of PNCCC to keep its members’ records confidential?
In accordance with the relevant provincial legal standards, PNCCC is committed to keeping records of its members very private and confidential.